As a woman in business, do you manage a team, or interact with suppliers of varying ages? Are you sometimes frustrated or befuddled by their behavior? Do you wonder what motivates certain employees or contractors who are younger or older than you? Are you facing real challenges in finding the right people to hire? If so, you are in for an eye-opening treat from today's guest who offers insights into what's happening in today's multi-generational workplace and tips for leaders who want to inspire employees of any age.
In this episode of the P.O.W.E.R. Plug podcast, Host Mary Foley, speaks with Val Grubb, Founder of Val Grubb & Associates, a firm that consults, trains, and coaches Human Resource and Operation teams. Val is an innovative and visionary operations leader with an exceptional ability to zero-in on systems, processes, and challenges that can hamper a company's growth. Her new book, Clash of the Generations: Managing the New Workplace Reality
is a practical guidebook chock full of practical strategies for managing a workplace that is likely to have four generations working in the same organization. Val shares the major challenges managers face in today’s multi-generational workplace and common traits of successful leaders.
Listen and Learn:
Val Grubb and Associates
@ValGrubb on Twitter
- The impact of different generations working in the same organization
- What characterizes the different generations?
- What it means to have a 'clash of generations'
- Key strengths and weaknesses of each generation
- Why Baby Boomers haven't retired yet
- The challenges managers face in a multi-generational office
- Practical and effective tips for managing teams
- Examples of different communication styles
- How to be a leader who inspires employees