In this episode of the P.O.W.E.R. Plug podcast, Host Mary Foley, speaks with Val Grubb, Founder of Val Grubb & Associates, a firm that consults, trains, and coaches Human Resource and Operation teams. Val is an innovative and visionary operations leader with an exceptional ability to zero-in on systems, processes, and challenges that can hamper a company's growth. Her new book, Clash of the Generations: Managing the New Workplace Reality
is a practical guidebook chock full of practical strategies for managing a workplace that is likely to have four generations working in the same organization. Val shares the major challenges managers face in today’s multi-generational workplace and common traits of successful leaders.
Listen and Learn:
Val Grubb and Associates
@ValGrubb on Twitter
- The impact of different generations working in the same organization
- What characterizes the different generations?
- What it means to have a 'clash of generations'
- Key strengths and weaknesses of each generation
- Why Baby Boomers haven't retired yet
- The challenges managers face in a multi-generational office
- Practical and effective tips for managing teams
- Examples of different communication styles
- How to be a leader who inspires employees