In this episode of the P.O.W.E.R. Plug Podcast Host, Mary Foley speaks with mom and business owner Ann Herren. Ann is the publisher of the print and online versions of NOLA Family and NOLA Boomers magazines. During the Christmas season of 2020, a routine mammogram alerted Ann that she had developed breast cancer. Ann bravely shares what she has learned during her cancer journey, how humor helps her put things into perspective and words of wisdom for the P.O.W.E.R community.
Note: This episode was recorded just a few days prior to Hurricane Ida coming to town. We hope Ann’s story is a dose of inspiration for those who are recovering.
Listen and Learn:
- When encountering a major health scare, attitude is everything
- Accept help from others, especially if you are a business owner
- Your tribe is bigger than you think
- A side hustle doesn’t have to be about making money
- No matter how dire a situation there is always a bright side
- How humor abates fear
- You are not invincible, get a mammogram
- How to support someone with cancer