Are you excited and nervous to be reopening our businesses as the threat of COVID-19 seems to be abating? Protecting ourselves from something we can't see can be disconcerting but, it doesn't make it any less real. Cyberattacks are similar. Cybercriminals sneak in through invisible digital cracks and harm us and our business causing a major disruption.
Now more than ever we need to protect our computers, websites, and files from hackers. Staying secure in the digital world is necessary and more than likely not your core business. Let’s dive into how we can be powerful women who know how to protect our digital business assets.
In this episode of the P.O.W.E.R. Plug podcast, Host Mary Foley, speaks with Kelli Schilling, the creative professional and owner of Outfox IT Services company in Louisiana. With over 25 years of digital services experience, Kelli is a cyber ally who helps small and medium-sized companies get the customized web exposure and cyber protection they need at affordable prices. She assists clients in how to make the most of SEO, social media platforms, and mobile apps. Kelli is a rare breed of creative professional and tech expert you can talk to.
Listen and Learn:
Visit the Outfox IT Services Website
- What cybersecurity is and why it’s important for small businesses
- Why cybercriminals want access to your network
- Why working from home makes users more susceptible to cybercrime
- Quick tips to secure your system
- How to make strong passwords
- Why you should update your programs and operating system
- Why ‘free’ antivirus software isn’t truly free
- The vulnerability of social media apps
- Steps to take if your system is breached