Before the year ends, do you want to buy a new home or refinance an existing one? It can be exciting to look for a new home, especially if you're a first-time homebuyer. It is also exciting to refinance your home for a better rate, renovate your existing home, pay down debt, or anything else. However, it can also feel overwhelming and nerve-wracking, especially the financial part and especially in a rapidly changing New Orleans real estate market.
In this episode of the P.O.W.E.R. Plug Podcast Host, Mary Foley speaks with Danielle Smith, Director of Operations for NOLA Lending. After nearly 20 years in the home mortgage industry as a loan officer, underwriter, and now director of operations she is the perfect person to help us become super smart about home loans and refinancing in an especially busy and competitive real estate market.
Listen and Learn:
- What’s driving the current real estate market and the increase of home refinancing
- Two important considerations when buying your first house
- The myth of owning your dream home
- What’s involved in getting pre-qualified for mortgage financing
- What really happens in the loan approval process that you can’t see
- What to do if you don’t get approved
- How refinancing can help you reach your financial goals
- How long does it typically take for a loan to close
Email Danielle: firstname.lastname@example.org