Today we’re talking with Jolie Bernard, CEO of The Bernard Group, a full-service strategic branding and communications firm she started in 2010. She was on the podcast last June. and she’s back for a repeat visit because she was recently named the Fidelity Bank P.O.W.E.R. Woman of the Year at its inaugural awards ceremony!
Jolie received multiple nominations. Some of the words used to describe her included “champion,” “goal-oriented,” “solutions-driven,” “natural leader,” “passionate,” and “connector.” That is because she aligns herself with causes and non-profit organizations that are anchored in the spirit and mission of helping those that do not have traditional access to resources. In today’s conversation, I can’t wait to find out more about what this powerful woman is up to and what makes her tick.
Listen and Learn:
- What connected Jolie to the P.O.W.E.R. program
- How Jolie transitioned from television news to entrepreneurship
- The moment when potential, purpose, and passion solidified for Jolie
- What is servant leadership?
- The theme behind Jolie’s various non-profit organizations
- Advice for those in the fund-raising space
- Three keys to having the life you want and enjoying it
- What makes Jolie’s partnership with the P.O.W.E.R program and the Fidelity family more than transactional
- The greatest life lessons Jolie has learned in the past few years