Have you ever considered creating an advisory board for your organization or company? But aren’t quite sure what benefit it can bring or how you go about it? Do you currently have a board but wonder how it can be more productive or helpful in leading your organization? Then you will love today’s conversation and guests who will share their advice from years of experience.
In this episode of the P.O.W.E.R. Plug podcast, Host Mary Foley speaks with two New Orleans powerhouses who understand creating and leading organizational boards. Torie Kranze is the CEO of the National Kidney Foundation of Louisiana and has been on staff at the foundation for 25 years. She is also active with the Fore!Kids Foundation. And, Jen Kelley, Executive Director of the Louisiana Hospitality Foundation, an organization that was founded in 2006 in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina to support the needs of the hospitality industry. The organization focuses on workforce development, culinary and hospitality education, and financial assistance for people in the hospitality industry during times of crisis.
Listen and Learn:
- What effective and functional boards look like
- What to expect from a board of directors or advisory board
- Best practices for structuring a board
- Benefits of an advisory board for nonprofits and for-profit businesses
- Roles of board members
- The importance of a succession plan for board presidents
- The difference between a consultant and a board member
- How to find the right board members for your organization
Contact Torie Kranze at 504-861-4500 — Torie@kidney.org
Contact Jen Kelley — Louisiana Hospitality Foundation