Host, Mary Foley speaks with Claudia Shabetai, a veteran expat about how she bridged the cultural gaps she encountered when she and her husband moved to the US from Argentina 38-years ago. Today Claudia is a co-host of Suplemento, an award-winning radio show, a professional life coach, and a contributor to the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce in New Orleans. She shares her past experiences with other women to equip and empower them with the skills necessary to find success in their new environment.
During this informative conversation, Claudia shares the lessons she learned about how to adapt to a new culture, the most important skill that led to her personal and professional success, and the importance of getting involved in the community.
Listen and Learn:
Claudia Shabetai Website
Suplemento Radio Show on Facebook
- Having an open mind when adjusting to a new culture
- The importance of learning the local language
- Why it’s ok to moonlight until you get your bearings in a new country
- How not to lose your cultural identity
- Putting family first doesn’t mean less progress
- Finding support and why you should allow others to help
- Learning to celebrate new customs and holidays