Host, Mary Foley speaks with Carol Markowitz, COO and CFO of Loyola University and Treasurer of the New Orleans Culinary and Hospitality Institute (NOCHI). Carol tapped into her grit and vision to spearhead the creation and launch of NOCHI, a project that has truly brought a much-needed resource to the NOLA region. Today, we talk about what it took for Carol to make her dream a reality and how she found a more fulfilling way to apply her expertise in corporate finance against different industry sectors and stages of growth.
During this inspiring conversation, Carol shares what made the six-year project absolutely worth it, how she managed to complete the project with the support of her husband, and the value of a shared vision.
Listen and Learn:
New Orleans Culinary & Hospitality Institute
Loyola University New Orleans
Carol Markowitz on LinkedIn
- Taking an idea and turning it into reality
- The questions to ask yourself before starting a major project
- Starting a Culinary Institute from scratch
- Being part of a supportive team with a shared vision
- Being resilient through psychological, practical, and financial setbacks
- How to bridge the gap between vision and execution
- The importance of asking the ‘dumb’ questions
- Playing to your strengths
- How to acquire entrepreneurial skills
- How important spousal support is during a large scale project