Do you have a Human Resource Plan or process in place for your business? A solid HR process is vital for building and retaining a reliable team of employees. When you consider the myriad of responsibilities under the HR umbrella such as compliance requirements, hiring strategies, interviews, and employee retention, it can easily become a full-time job. Most business owners want the right person to full an open position quickly, but don't have the time or resources to find or vet them. An outsourced HR service may be the perfect solution.
Host Mary Foley speaks with Amy Bakay, a Senior Certified HR consultant and Founder of HR Nola, a company that provides small and medium sized businesses a full suite of HT services, with onsite and remote options. HR Nola offers expert guidance in social recruiting, legal requirements, onboarding, current hiring trends, improving employee satisfaction and more.
As a volunteer for a local chapter of SHRM, The Society of HR Management, Amy performed complimentary audits for nonprofits and small businesses. It was during those audits that Amy realized many of the organizations had compliance risks and opportunities to improve their workforce policies. She decided then to start HR Nola and to this day says it is the best decision she has ever made. Amy was recognized as a New Orleans City Business Women of the Year Honoree.
Listen and Learn:
HR NOLA Website
- Strategies to source potential employees
- What are the tracking requirements for job candidates
- How to make the employee onboarding process as efficient as possible
- What is social recruiting and how to leverage it
- Common hiring mistakes of small business owners
- Essential tools to help small business owners keep good employees
- Tips for improving employee satisfaction
- How motivating millennials is different from workforces of the past
- How to recognize when it is time to outsource your HR needs
MEET OUR P.O.W.E.R. PLUG HOST...
Mary Foley —
Known for her insights, candidness and humor, Mary Foley energizes women entrepreneurs with the clarity, confidence, and tools to attract, engage, and win more clients. In addition to hosting the P.O.W.E.R. Plug podcast, Mary is the author of three books, energizing keynote speaker, business mentor and lover of red capes. For more, go to maryfoley.com.
The information contained in this P.O.W.E.R. Plug Podcast expresses the opinion of the author and does not constitute advice from or the opinion of Fidelity Bank.